Saturday, July 30, 2011

Attack of the Bumblebee!

We had some dear friends over for dinner a week ago...All the kids (9 total between our family and theirs) were outside playing in the jumpy house and the sprinkler...All was well until Elsie comes flying through the door screaming, "a bee attacked me."  I thought to myself, Elise is so over reacting and she is going to over dramatize this whole thing...Well I was looking at her and all of a sudden her lips and nose started to swell...I quickly realized that this really did happen and my poor little girl was really in pain...Elsie was just boo-hoo crying and she wasn't calming down...Elsie looked at me and said, "Mom can I call that bee a baby?"  I said "sure honey if that will make you feel better."  If you have ever heard Elsie call her brothers a baby before it is quite funny...With all the passion in the world, Elsie said "you are a baby."  I laughed so hard I thought I would die...Elsie said a few times and I guess that is all she needed to recover from this tragic incident...So watch out bees, Elsie is allowed to call you names!

No comments:

Post a Comment